potential earnings

General discussion, news, views, jokes, moans, business questions that don't fit on the other forums.

potential earnings

Postby Shaun Palfrey » Monday 15 February 2010, 22:46

Evening all!

Finding the forum very helpful in setting up etc. Know the van im after now and set on a lwb vivaro or traffic. Before I part with my hard earned thousands I have to ask what will undoubtedly be the single most difficult question for anyone to answer on my behalf but would really appreciate anyone giving it a go. Purely income alone can anyone tell me, without giving away any guarded secrets, how much I could expect to earn doing courier work 6 days per week averaging 10 hrs per day. Work will come via single source networked firm allocating jobs on tracking system. Please allow for my ability to start and finish at any hour of any day. Just an estimate will be great.

Cheers

[faqtag potential earnings]
Last edited by Shaun Palfrey on Tuesday 16 February 2010, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
Redhouse Courier Services
LWB Vivaro
GIT Gbp 50,000 P/L Gbp 5,000,000
Shaun Palfrey
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Monday 15 February 2010, 22:19
Location: Swindon

Postby dino » Monday 15 February 2010, 22:56

Take a deep breath and calm down shaun :lol:
Now have a good luck through the forum put in the search what van and have a read then if you have any questions just ask.
oh and hello from rainy Rochdale.
!!!!!!KEEPING THE DREAM ALIVE!!!!!!
User avatar
dino
Member
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Thursday 24 January 2008, 10:24
Location: Whitworth(Rochdale)

Postby Shaun Palfrey » Monday 15 February 2010, 23:02

I'll try. no that sounds good glad I found the forum. will search away as advised. and hello 2u2 from seldom sunny swindon
Redhouse Courier Services
LWB Vivaro
GIT Gbp 50,000 P/L Gbp 5,000,000
Shaun Palfrey
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Monday 15 February 2010, 22:19
Location: Swindon

Postby bob harrison » Sunday 28 February 2010, 17:51

Dont get exited Shaun around £600 pw you can have good and bad weeks take it as it comes
every days an adventure,
User avatar
bob harrison
Member
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Saturday 27 February 2010, 10:58
Location: isle of wight

Postby MK BIKER » Sunday 28 February 2010, 17:54

bob harrison wrote:Dont get exited Shaun around £600 pw you can have good and bad weeks take it as it comes


and that'll be gross to start if yer lucky!
User avatar
MK BIKER
Moderator
 
Posts: 5252
Joined: Sunday 15 October 2006, 08:53
Location: Roundabout City!

Postby dino » Sunday 28 February 2010, 18:13

Sorry but unless you have a contract or are doing multidrop everyday you cannot say how much you can earn some weeks i can clear £1000 others i can sit at home and not earn a penny .
!!!!!!KEEPING THE DREAM ALIVE!!!!!!
User avatar
dino
Member
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Thursday 24 January 2008, 10:24
Location: Whitworth(Rochdale)

Postby freddykrugger » Sunday 28 February 2010, 18:38

wish I was even earning £600 at the min :(

I was on a good crack, but times change, and just recently I've been struggling.
Dont put your hopes on any figure, cause its anyones guess what you'll get, one things for sure, you'll not get rich!
User avatar
freddykrugger
Member
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Monday 4 June 2007, 16:32

Postby ray valentine » Sunday 28 February 2010, 18:52

It is possible to earn over £1000 a week. It is also possible to fly to the moon and back, some have done it, most have not. my earnings last week £65, so a little bit less than £1000. If you get the work and have priced it right, if your van keeps going with out brake down, if you get more work than you can do your self so you employ drivers or subcontractors to boost your income, then the sky is the limit, but there are a lot of ifs.
Ray Valentine Refrigerated Vans.
Temperature Controlled Courier.
User avatar
ray valentine
Member
 
Posts: 1806
Joined: Thursday 12 November 2009, 16:55
Location: Wymondham Norfolk

Postby MK BIKER » Sunday 28 February 2010, 19:08

ray valentine wrote:It is possible to earn over £1000 a week. It is also possible to fly to the moon and back, some have done it, most have not. my earnings last week £65, so a little bit less than £1000. If you get the work and have priced it right, if your van keeps going with out brake down, if you get more work than you can do your self so you employ drivers or subcontractors to boost your income, then the sky is the limit, but there are a lot of ifs.

Excellent & spot on (I loved the moon analogy)
User avatar
MK BIKER
Moderator
 
Posts: 5252
Joined: Sunday 15 October 2006, 08:53
Location: Roundabout City!

Postby Bluenose » Sunday 28 February 2010, 20:01

Shaun, I'd never work anything out on 6 days @ 10 hours, unless you've got some regular multi drop work lined up. If not start times & hours worked will vary from nothing to 12 hours + & a 6 day working week will be a good week. Remember anytime sat in traffic is unpaid :cry:
User avatar
Bluenose
Member
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Thursday 1 March 2007, 14:25
Location: Just truck 'n' around

Postby Darren » Sunday 28 February 2010, 20:06

Unless your on a Muti Drop round or something simular there are no Guarantees on what you will earn.

It can be up and down like a prostitutes Draws on a busy Night :D
User avatar
Darren
Poster Roller
 
Posts: 2115
Joined: Saturday 10 November 2007, 23:11

Postby Shaun Palfrey » Monday 1 March 2010, 01:16

Evening all!

Thanks very much for the comments. it confirms my thoughts on the absolute uncertainty of the business. I know this might seem crazy but in a way I find that side actually quite appealing, providing of course there's as many good days as bad.

cheers
Redhouse Courier Services
LWB Vivaro
GIT Gbp 50,000 P/L Gbp 5,000,000
Shaun Palfrey
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Monday 15 February 2010, 22:19
Location: Swindon

Postby RLT » Monday 1 March 2010, 08:11

Shaun Palfrey wrote:Evening all!

Thanks very much for the comments. it confirms my thoughts on the absolute uncertainty of the business. I know this might seem crazy but in a way I find that side actually quite appealing, providing of course there's as many good days as bad.

cheers


well you will certainly enjoy it

You will have days and days of twiddling your thumbs,
Cleaning your van
oh...............and waiting months for people to pay you

All good fun :D
User avatar
RLT
Member
 
Posts: 2422
Joined: Sunday 1 February 2009, 00:58

Postby baldie » Monday 1 March 2010, 10:32

Shaun Palfrey wrote:Thanks very much for the comments. it confirms my thoughts on the absolute uncertainty of the business. I know this might seem crazy but in a way I find that side actually quite appealing, providing of course there's as many good days as bad.


What you have to remember is that you are your own boss, work when you want, who for and at your price :P

Get out of the factories and onto the open road with job satisfaction when you completed each delivery before time :clap:


Its great if you love driving and getting paid for it :flower:
baldie
Member
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Monday 29 January 2007, 17:01
Location: manchester

Postby baldie » Monday 1 March 2010, 10:43

err I forgot about taking responsability for your actions for trying to be self employed in the transport industry in a recession.

A toss between food on the table or fuel in the tank :oops:

No money in the pot for the kids shoes :|

Losing the house because of Mortgage repayments :(

I know many a courier gone down in the last 3 years and a lot more will follow but if you love driving, go for it 8)
baldie
Member
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Monday 29 January 2007, 17:01
Location: manchester

Postby Darren » Monday 1 March 2010, 17:49

baldie wrote:err I forgot about taking responsability for your actions for trying to be self employed in the transport industry in a recession.

A toss between food on the table or fuel in the tank :oops:

No money in the pot for the kids shoes :|

Losing the house because of Mortgage repayments :(

I know many a courier gone down in the last 3 years and a lot more will follow but if you love driving, go for it 8)



Have you seen the price of Kids Shoes recently :yikes:

Anyway grumpy Paul why have you had a go at your mate who can take 6 weeks off for a holiday , but can not do a public service like jury service because he can't afford the time off :roll:
User avatar
Darren
Poster Roller
 
Posts: 2115
Joined: Saturday 10 November 2007, 23:11

Postby baldie » Monday 1 March 2010, 18:34

Darren wrote:
Anyway grumpy Paul why have you had a go at your mate who can take 6 weeks off for a holiday , but can not do a public service like jury service because he can't afford the time off :roll:


:yikes: I am sounding more like Grumpy Old Al every day aint I :oops: :oops: :blahblah:

The Fat man in Tpark justs ....... :twisted: ....... :lol: :lol:
baldie
Member
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Monday 29 January 2007, 17:01
Location: manchester

Postby A KIRK » Monday 1 March 2010, 20:58

hm potential earnings impossible to say, some weeks I clear the best part of £2000 other weeks I clear nothing, it swings in roundabouts and you normally find its all or nothing for a week or so
The car in front is my crumple zone
Andrew Kirk AK Couriers http://www.ak-couriers.co.uk
User avatar
A KIRK
Moderator
 
Posts: 3220
Joined: Thursday 14 October 2004, 18:26
Location: Surrey

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Return to The interchange

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests