rico

General chat, news, views, jokes, moans, questions and anything else that doesn't fit on the other forums.

rico

Postby Anonymous » Monday 15 September 2008, 14:34

Just went to see rico in Dunstable as they are desperate for small van drivers. But they only pay 44p per mile!!!! Does anyone on here work for them? would realy like to know if you get double ups and backloads.
cheers
Jay
Anonymous

Postby Dizzy » Monday 15 September 2008, 14:37

44p!!! Blimey what tight sods!
Vehicle Tracking
Small van available 24/7 £10,000 GIT.
Call Tracey on 07951880578
Dizzy

Postby David Smith » Monday 15 September 2008, 17:01

Is that 44p per mile round trip ? cus if it is then thats ok, but if its 44p per loaded mile then that might explain why they are desperate for drivers, cus everyone else has told them to shove it.
David Smith

Re: rico

Postby Anonymous » Monday 15 September 2008, 18:25

jaysno1 wrote:Just went to see rico in Dunstable as they are desperate for small van drivers. But they only pay 44p per mile!!!! Does anyone on here work for them? would realy like to know if you get double ups and backloads.
cheers
Jay

No you dont and its 44pplm not round trip they pay weekly by bacs and i worked for them when we first started. now use them for backloads dont get many but every little helps
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Monday 15 September 2008, 18:25

its per loaded mile!!!! think ill stay with tnt!
Anonymous

Re: rico

Postby Frankus » Monday 15 September 2008, 19:38

paul r wrote:
jaysno1 wrote:Just went to see rico in Dunstable as they are desperate for small van drivers. But they only pay 44p per mile!!!! Does anyone on here work for them? would realy like to know if you get double ups and backloads.
cheers
Jay

No you dont and its 44pplm not round trip they pay weekly by bacs and i worked for them when we first started. now use them for backloads dont get many but every little helps

Yeah, they pay VERY WEAKLY
Self employed owner driver. Daventry based. Berlingo 600kg.
Full Hire & Reward, £15,000 GIT £2M P/L
Tel: 07737 170035
Frankus

Postby Elite Carriers » Monday 15 September 2008, 19:44

Hey Jay, there's a thread on here called 'Rico Northampton'. I know it's not in your area but reading it may answer some of your questions. :D
"You see things; and you say 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?'"
Elite Carriers

Postby MK BIKER » Monday 15 September 2008, 20:03

it works for some, I know a mk driverthat wont take a job at 70pplm just in case they ring, so there must be double ups/backloads for some! Hes been there donkeys!
MK BIKER

Postby Hitman84 » Monday 15 September 2008, 20:58

ok, i've been with rico for 3weeks. Anything i can help you with just get in touch mate by pm or phone call.

I've had quite a few job's to rico dunstable and few backloads from there. But never backloads of more than 1 at a time. They are sayin that when its busy the drivers can clear 800 easy per week. But take out your costs diesel, insurance etc. And to earn that 800 miles on a serious note you could be driving some ridiculous miles. Eg was offered a glasgow trip wit 3 drops on way and told me i'd earn well from it, its a good payer he said. £195-i think you can imagine my response.

At the moment rico is dead but dunstable seem to be busy most the time, but beware getting job's out of there is easy, but getting job's from other depots an absolute nightmare.

Please be aware this is my personal opinion and you should make your own minds up about anything. I'll help in any way i can but what ever you do, go in with your eyes wide open!

Russel is the main man at dunstable.

I'm not doing any rico hardly now, got bits an bob's of my own slowly coming in. In greater quantities now. But if you graft hard for few weeks they will tell you they are happy for you to work for other's, and yes they are more than happy, as when you do ring up to "plot" on. Dont be surprised if you drive 100 miles at 45p and coming home empty, unless you have the contacts jotted around the country. "

In no way am i trying to put rico down etc, i am merely expressing my personal experience. Trying things is good, but to learn from mistakes is priceless.
Hitman84

Postby freestyleminibus2 » Tuesday 16 September 2008, 09:07

Business model based on backloads. No! jam tomorrow. It never works. 44pplm .. get real. Tell you what you give me a higher rate and if you get backloads we'll work out a discount ,if you are so convinced about the backloads there shouldn't be a problem should there!
As per freestyleminibus.changed my email and lost my login.Just as organised at year end.
Small Van - Xlwb 4m+ - Luton Tail Lift half curtain 4m
Gilmartin Light Haulage.
freestyleminibus2

Postby Hitman84 » Tuesday 16 September 2008, 11:41

freestyleminibus2 wrote:Business model based on backloads. No! jam tomorrow. It never works. 44pplm .. get real. Tell you what you give me a higher rate and if you get backloads we'll work out a discount ,if you are so convinced about the backloads there shouldn't be a problem should there!

is this directed to myself ?

As the point i am trying to make is, return jobs via rico are very hard to come
by at the moment as they will get you outbound from your depot but very unlikely of a return.

If that wasnt directed at me then i apologise for that, but all i am doing is merely expressing my experiences with RICO
Hitman84

Postby jue » Wednesday 22 October 2008, 12:22

im getting 50pplm at the courier company im using at the moment. they dont even get you back loads for that price either ! just starting out so i feel that i cant turn any work down at the moment. ill use him for a few more weeks before i say that i will want more money for the jobs. most of the jobs are between 6 pm and 5 am too. :cry: :cry:
jue

Postby MK BIKER » Wednesday 22 October 2008, 13:07

jue wrote:im getting 50pplm at the courier company im using at the moment. they dont even get you back loads for that price either ! just starting out so i feel that i cant turn any work down at the moment. ill use him for a few more weeks before i say that i will want more money

Stop this Now!
Look else where, I dunno what they are charging btu its you that is losing out, Those rates can work if they work hard to achieve backloads for their guys, but more often than not the peeps in the sameday offices either couldnt care or just havent got the nodle to do this
MK BIKER

Postby bramble43 » Wednesday 22 October 2008, 13:27

Sod that !

My transit is maybe a bit thirsty but if i did 400 miles it would cost me £80 in diesel, 200 miles at 50pplm makes me £20 for the day, bargain.
Take off tyres, courier insurance, AA cover, oil, servicing, GIT & PL would probably leave me with £5 a week to pay my rent and feed myself
I'd rather cut my neighbours grass for £5 and be without the hassle.
Motorcycle courier, same day / direct / timed, Nationwide and across Europe - Contact details on profile. Call or text for a quote.
bramble43
Site owner

Postby Hitman84 » Wednesday 22 October 2008, 13:44

this makes interesting reading, as ive just had rico on phone northampton and ask why havent i plotted on for long time and am i ok etc.

Had explained that i cannot run a Vivaro at 45plm and am not willing to either. i said im more than happy to carry out the larger van jobs if its something that i can accomodate but sorry will not run at 45p for a vivaro.

And also that i am available for double ups if they have any going, and funny enough i did a double up to harrow and slough yesterday which doesnt pay "great" but had something of my own to go with so was worthwhile.

Tip with these "Use them as they use you"
Hitman84

Postby Rwill » Wednesday 22 October 2008, 19:45

When this thread was started six weeks ago the rate was 44p a mile and the price of DERV was 130p per litre.

What is the rate now 37p per mile?

Are subbie rates starting to drop yet in general?
Rwill

Postby Hitman84 » Wednesday 22 October 2008, 21:06

the rates for rico as i am aware havent dropped, i dont do any work for them unless its large van work which you can get 85plm for. Or i only do double ups for them. Otherwise they know not to bother ringing
Hitman84

Postby bramble43 » Wednesday 22 October 2008, 21:34

Does anyone know what they are paying for bikes?
They want owner riders in southampton
Motorcycle courier, same day / direct / timed, Nationwide and across Europe - Contact details on profile. Call or text for a quote.
bramble43
Site owner

Postby Hitman84 » Wednesday 22 October 2008, 21:37

same, should be 45p

bikes, cars and small vans - 45p
Hitman84

Postby stressedred » Thursday 23 October 2008, 10:02

JUE
what courier firm are you subbing for?
live in billy trying to get started up in a few weeksnjust lookin
g for some pointers dont want tostep on your toes thou
stressedred

Postby Anonymous » Thursday 23 October 2008, 20:33

Rwill wrote:When this thread was started six weeks ago the rate was 44p a mile and the price of DERV was 130p per litre.

What is the rate now 37p per mile?

Are subbie rates starting to drop yet in general?

Rates wont drop because fuel prices are starting to come down a little. When fuel went up its the drivers who took the hit in most cases. TNT for sure and im pretty certain DHL and the suchlike didnt all of a sudden say to the drivers ...oh fuel is going up...here you go mate have a pay rise.
Anonymous

Postby Rwill » Thursday 23 October 2008, 21:04

jaysno1 wrote:
Rates wont drop because fuel prices are starting to come down a little. When fuel went up its the drivers who took the hit in most cases. TNT for sure and im pretty certain DHL and the suchlike didnt all of a sudden say to the drivers ...oh fuel is going up...here you go mate have a pay rise.

No they didnt say that to their drivers but they did say that to their customers in the form of a fuel surcharge just look at all their websites and their blue chip customers will force them to reduce or knock off the surcharges and guess how they will maintain their margins.

I believe RICO did give their driver 4p on 40p to make 44p
Rwill

Next

Return to Random Banter