Dpd c&d driver franchise

Introduce yourself here. No advertising or touting.
No questions on this one please!!!

Dpd c&d driver franchise

Postby Mo8751 » Saturday 16 March 2013, 20:11

Hi,

Anyone that has any questions about taking out a driver franchise with dpd, I would be happy to answer.
Mo8751

Re: Dpd c&d driver franchise

Postby bramble43 » Saturday 16 March 2013, 20:49

If there is so much money to be made as a franchisee why do dpd not just run their own vans and pay employees and keep a larger slice of profits or is it that dpd keep their slice of profits at the cost of a stream of franchisees that lose money?
Motorcycle courier, same day/direct throughout the UK & Euro
- sales/purchasing 0871 789 3278 Please don't call asking for advice on becoming a courier. This is what the forum is for.
bramble43
Site owner

Postby Mo8751 » Saturday 16 March 2013, 22:17

Hi,

Good question!

They have been very clever in the way they have gone through the franchise model to pass on a majority of there costs to their franchisees. With every franchised driver they do not have to pay National insurance, holiday pay, sick pay, pension, diesel, van costs, insurance, GIT, Van servicing, van repairs, Uniform and any parcels that get damaged or go missing. Also franchised drivers are self employed so can work more than the 11 hour limit that employed drivers can not. So they make more money through franchised drivers

As for franchised drivers making loads of money, 'what a load of b*****it'. Once you get a good route and start making over 28k Gross they have the right to and will lower your drop pay rate so you do not go over that figure. Working non stop all day on average from 6:30am to 19:00pm for 28k gross!

On average they pay franchised drivers £1.70 a drop plus 10p a parcel extra if you have more than 1 parcel for 1 drop. If the customer is not in and you can not deliver to a neighbour then you do not get paid anything

I tried it for 2 months as a employed driver, saw all the bull**** and said I'm off!!
Mo8751

Postby Mo8751 » Saturday 16 March 2013, 22:18

Anymore questions just ask
Mo8751

Postby Jaimiemac » Thursday 21 March 2013, 13:59

Mo8751 wrote:Anymore questions just ask

I was thinking about going the franchise route, but not so sure if its a good idea now. On the other hand, how hard is it, getting started on your own?
Jaimiemac

Postby vantastic » Tuesday 23 April 2013, 21:44

Hi,so you besically advise us not to go for franchise?Whats the reason for them to lower you rates after you go over 28k,i just dont get it,cos the more work you do then the more everyone is happy,company for work done and you for earning more so...
vantastic

Postby MK BIKER » Wednesday 24 April 2013, 04:04

They do it because they can, they have written it into the contract, they are in business to make money.
Ask they what happens when you need an unexpected day off and they have to provide cover for your round.
MK BIKER

Postby vantastic » Wednesday 24 April 2013, 08:28

I have meeting with them 2moro,i'll ask all the questions i could possibly find on this forum,is there any particular questions i should ask?
vantastic

Postby vantastic » Tuesday 30 April 2013, 18:31

DPD sent me invitation letter for their introduction meeting along asking me to bring all necessery personal information for franchise application.So sent email back saying that this meeting has only information and introduction purpose and i will not provide any personal details at this time and if they still happy to go for it then im happy to come down and talk to them,so i've had i reply that bla bla bla yes please come along.
Just wondering why such a big company like dpd would do things the way i want,they just could say NO!As someone already said this company is made to leech blood out of you and then dump like one of their old vans.They advertise franchasies for years now according to forum topics,the question is why?Is there a lot of lazy bags whom dont want pull the finger out...i dont think so,Ppl come and go i believe and i understand that this job is no for everyone but is this for real???
How company can charge you £150 for day off??You're own boss and you have time off when you want,but then again youre your own boss only on paper.DPD is kind of modern slavery company which doing things legally acording to the law.I know ppl will still ask to come along and see what is like for real,but no many would stay or signe the contract with them.So to sum up,i wouldnt mind
to work for them and put all the hours they ask,but then again i would like to be treated with respect like im one of them,cos end of the day im separete company which trying make way of living.
I would like Mr.Mo to comment on that cos seems to me like he can say nothing good about company he works for.
vantastic

Postby slim » Wednesday 1 May 2013, 10:32

As an opposite to what has been said on this thread and just to provide some balance......why is it that some drivers are happy to stay with them, maybe because they have their route and manager sorted?
By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be the boss and work twelve hours a day.
slim

Postby ymwoods » Wednesday 1 May 2013, 19:03

slim wrote:As an opposite to what has been said on this thread and just to provide some balance......why is it that some drivers are happy to stay with them, maybe because they have their route and manager sorted?

Mate I got bored of providing balance...just given up now. They are all believing what they want anyway tbh.
ymwoods

Postby vantastic » Thursday 2 May 2013, 20:02

slim wrote:As an opposite to what has been said on this thread and just to provide some balance......why is it that some drivers are happy to stay with them, maybe because they have their route and manager sorted?

I've been to that meeting along with 5 other guys and seem that im the only one who asked any questions rest of them been sitting there with "where do i sign?"attitude.
He said that ppl do come and go but the longer franchise they got goes for 15y,he admited that its hard work,but they offer you full support in any aspect of your job.They do charge £150 for day off also they offer you 2 weeks off your contract free of charge.You have to take your 4m sprinter home with you every night and is down to you where you park it.Ow and most important they guarantee you £28k net for mon-fri 10-11hr and optional saturday for extra money.No less to say if you like driving long hours been put under presure most of the time and dont care much about spending time with your family or girfiriend then this job is for YOU!I believe that this job could be interesting for some and a lot of guys wanted to have income this way or another,i would do this job without blink of an eye but only as an employee.
vantastic

Postby Arb111 » Monday 3 June 2013, 03:34

Ok my opinion on dpd, what a load of rubbish and lies to get you in there. I have just done 4 months with them and a few pointers that I noticed. My blue print said 90 drops per day to earn 28k achievable yeah only if you do 15 hours a day. And on my route I was clearing with only 60 to 80 drps so how was I going to earn my full 28k if the work is not there. Holidays yeah right you try getting holidays ya want and good luck. Help and support, is never given all there bothered about is parcels get delivered on time and in there eta your health or and other issues is no concern to them. £1000 deposit you won't see that again they do you over on The van when you leave. Like I said you can make money but only if ya face fits and you been there for years. They even trying to get there c and d drivers to go and franchise but there refusing tells you all.
For the 4 months I was there I can honestly say wish I never did it can see dpd becoming a laffing stock soon as there was 4 or 5 leaving per week and there just replacing them the week after weather that's just in the depot I was in not sure but its like a conveyor belt of drivers. Asking around more drivers want to leave than stay and if the job search was more healthy out there I am sure they would.
Arb111

Return to Say hello